Although chocolate is a product appreciated by all, its mysteries still have to be discovered. It is to unveil what is hidden within a square of chocolate that Valrhona decided to create the "City of Chocolate".
An interactive and multi-sensory discovery area. Valrhona's expertise will be available to everybody with the emphasis on entertainment, education and how to tickle taste buds, which will allow gourmets and professionals to explore, admire, listen, touch, smell and mainly taste chocolate in all its forms. A first floor has opened including a full-chocolate restaurant, a pastry laboratory to experience by yourself but also a space dedicated to craftsworkers from the chocolate sphere and to Valrhona history.
Chocolate shop and tickets for the visit and workshops online: www.citeduchocolat.com
- OFFER "OUR GREAT DEALS" 2020 (booklet on request in the 4 Tourist Offices of ardeche hermitage or downloadable on the site www.ardeche-hermitage.com): 10% discount
(Offer only valid once per family,
excluding books and equipment, may
not be combined with other offers)
Information panels languages
Group tour average time: 120min
Individual tour average time: 120min
Grouped tourUnguided group tours on request, Guided group tours on request
Individual tourUnguided individual tours available permanently
Groups size: from 20 to 80 people
- Bank/credit card
- Chèques Vacances
Seminar and reception rooms
- Maximum capacity: 18 people
- Adjustable rooms quantity: 1
- Paper board
- Sound engineering
- Video projector
- Wifi in room
- Air conditioning
- Gestion des pauses
Espace de travail "Andoa"
- 18 people
- 100 m2
From 31/08 to 16/10/2020, every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 10 am and 7 pm.
From 17/10 to 02/11/2020, daily.
- Meeting room
- Permanent entertainments organiser
- Tourist brochures
- Booking of general amenities
- Online shop
- Visual disability
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Reserved space 330 cm wide < 100 m from the site
- Vertical signage of parking spaces
- Even flooring with no obstacles
- Absence of slope > 5%
- Absence of protrusions > 2 cm
- Minimum aisle width of 90 cm
- Doors >=77 cm wide
- Lift (80 x 130 cm) and door >= 77 cm
- Reception desk between 70-80 cm high
- Height under table >= 70 cm width >= 77 cm
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
- Site, building totally accessible
- Air conditioning
Adult: 10.50 €
Child (5-12 years): 8.50 €
Student: 8.50 to 9.50 €
Job seeker: 9.50 €
Large family: 31 to 34 €.
Free entry for children < 5 years.
Group rate available for > 20 people.
Yearly pass : adults € 25 / children € 20 : unlimited access to the discovery tour of the Cité du Chocolat, 10% outlet on the discovery and pastry workshops, 10% outlet at the restaurant "Comptoir Porcelana".