Church St John the Evangelist
This church of St. John the Evangelist was consecrated in 1492 (when the village was in its heyday). The 17th century proved particularly disastrous: the church was destroyed, and even converted to a Protestant church for 30 years.
Boucieu never regained the importance it had enjoyed in the 1400s. The church was rebuilt during the 1700s with donations from local lords, memorials to whom can be seen inside the church (tombstone and sculpted coats-of-arms).
During the 1800s, the priest Pierre Vigne breathed new spiritual life into the place.
- Visit our Facebook page
- +33 4 75 06 71 62
- +33 4 75 08 10 23
Group tour average time: 75min
Individual tour average time: 75min
Grouped tourGuided group tours on request, Unguided group tours available permanently
Individual tourUnguided individual tours available permanently, Guided individual tours on request
Groups size: from 10 to 40 people
- Parking autocar
- Accès autocar
- Visites gratuites
- Visites guidées