This church of St. John the Evangelist was consecrated in 1492 (when the village was in its heyday). The 17th century proved particularly disastrous: the church was destroyed, and even converted to a Protestant church for 30 years.
Boucieu never regained the importance it had enjoyed in the 1400s. The church was rebuilt during the 1700s with donations from local lords, memorials to whom can be seen inside the church (tombstone and sculpted coats-of-arms).
During the 1800s, the priest Pierre Vigne breathed new spiritual life into the place.
Group tour average time: 75min
Individual tour average time: 75min
Grouped tourUnguided group tours available permanently, Guided group tours on request
Individual tourUnguided individual tours available permanently, Guided individual tours on request
Groups size: from 10 to 40 people
- Car park
- Coach parking
- Coach access
- Tour free of charge
- Guided tours